The New Year 2008


I spent my Christmas in Wisconsin with my sister and her family, New Years Eve with my hubby in San Francisco and then spent New Years with my roommates in London. Wow, I feel so Global.

The New Year is bringing new surprises. I am losing a roommate already but may be gaining another. I have plans for new and wonderful adventures and I am going exploring.

Because my roommate is leaving London, we went to Windsor, Stonehenge and Bath. Talk about a day trip with so many different types of views. Windsor is elegant, Stonehenge is... old, and Bath is old but charming.

Windsor Castle is the main center point for Windsor and is the oldest and largest occupied castle in the world. I had hoped to see the Queen, but she was not in residence, so I will leave it to another day. The State Apartments are currently under revision and were not open for viewing. However, the Queen Mary Doll House was open and amazing to visit. Everything in the doll house works including, running water, electricity, and the hoover. It is worth the money to visit.

Comments

Keep up the good work, London FlyGirl. And when you are approaching Heathrow, do you just wonder where you are on the fuel supply? What is the speculation of the aircrew on this event? Thanks for coming for Christmas.

The Observer
LondonFlygirl said…
Dear Observer,
I thank you for participating in my gentle ramblings. You are a part of the reason I keep on going.
When I approach Heathrow and the sun is shining, I look out over Windsor and Eaton and wonder if I am going to have enough "fuel" to see all the things I need to see and do all the things I need to do.

Have a great day.

Popular Posts