STRESS doesn't just happen!

I finally figured it out.... when someone says they are stressed, you can bet they have taken a stressful situation and piled something else on top of it. I think I have done that. In fact, I know I have.

The airlines offered another chance for me to have more adventures. They offered me Frankfurt. I had one week to think about it. And I took it! Now I need to find living quarters in Germany, move from England, take my July vacation, pack and get to training. They are not paying for the move, the housing, or the search. But, I have done this once so it should be a piece of cake, right? Right!!!

The first bit of news is that I must report on the 31st of July. I have a 3 day trip that ends on the 30th of July and they will let me drop it to do the move. That means, no money for the trip. They will fly me to Germany, but I have to fly to the U.S. first and then to Germany (U.S. Carrier). So, my first big decision is to not drop the trip, buy a discounted fare to Frankfurt, and fly on my own, standby. It's OK, this is part of the adventure.

I returned to London on July 30th, and spent my last night in London with friends. Then, very early in the morning I went to the airport to buy my ticket, rush to the airplane and standby for the trip. I made the flight and arrived at headquarters a bit tired and shattered. Took a quick nap in a lounge chair and attended orientation. Here they tell us about the domicile, the airport, the taxes, our pay, the staff, and I meet the other 40 people who have transferred with me. Good news, I know some of them from London. Some people are upset because they didn't get the help or information they thought they needed before they transferred and I remembered how it went when I transferred to London. Breathe deep and know that you did this because you wanted it, and enjoy!

No, I don't have a place to live, my bank account has to be set up again; I need my clothes; another phone; new Internet connections; and oh yes!!! to learn the language. And miles to go before I sleep.

Comments

Unknown said…
I, too, like a little change in my life, but not quite at your pace.
Anonymous said…
What a beautiful ferris wheel - remember how beautiful Navy Pier looked at night?

I think migration is the natural order of things - Julie moved, Molly is moving, the geese are going south.....
LondonFlygirl said…
At least Julie, Molly and the geese have help and a sense of direction...

Popular Posts