The Beginning July 16, 2007

The Dream Begins:Or at least it continues…. There are a few times in our lives when we feel that we have lost ourselves or at least can’t remember who we are. It is important, therefore, to find positive ways of reestablishing that feeling of being invincible and having that wonder of youth that says it is all before you and you can achieve anything you desire. It is also important that you surround yourself with positive people that love and support you. Before I begin telling you about the fulfillment of a dream, I want to tell you about the love of my family. My husband, friend and partner, Dennis said “you have a dream…go for it”. My son, David and my daughter, Denise gave me their love and good wishes. In fact, my mother and brothers and sister have also been big supporters and so I am very blessed in my life and I love each and every one of them. And I am flying out of England! Now that I have done all the “mushy” stuff, I want to tell you what this has been like. On the 30th of June, I reported for Orientation. The tax forms, the schedules, report times and meeting my fellow flying partners was the order of the day. Then, run don’t walk, to the next flight to Chicago to go to my daughter’s wedding. The new supervisors in London are wonderful and helped me get to the flight in time for an on-time departure. I arrived in Chicago and waited….. And waited…. For Dennis and David to arrive from San Francisco. They had to wait for 5 flights before they could get on. But they managed to get to Chicago and we settled in for the night. We were all weary from travel but we were together.On Sunday, we went to the “Taste of Chicago” festival. They have done a really great food fest. You buy tickets and then you spend those tickets on food. 3 tickets will buy a taste, 6 will buy a small portion and 11 will get a full portion. It was a beautiful day and lots of fun.On Monday, we caught our PAID FOR with real money flight to the WEDDING!!! US Air took us to Charlotte, NC very early in the morning. There we sat in the airport to catch our flight to Turks and Caicos and who should we see, but none other than the Maid of Honor, Chele, and her friend and Significant Other, (Boy, Toy) Pat. The day just kept getting better. We waited together for the flight and then it happened! US Airways made the offer….. Oversold flight needs volunteers to go later that evening and arrive in Turks at 9:10 pm by way of Miami and get a free round trip ticket to anywhere except Europe. If you know me at all, you know I wanted to take that offer sooo bad, but no one wanted to stay with me and so I didn’t take it. Now, that was a real killer. But, I thought it was best to stay with the guys and they were just plain tired of traveling!!! Now the airline decided to torture me even further because after we were seated on the plane the offer was TWO free round trip tickets for anyone who gave up the seat. I hesitated to long and so someone else got the deal. That killed! David got first class because some guy wanted to sit next to his wife and she was in economy.More to come…………….We arrived in Turks and while we waited for luggage, we met some of the other wedding guests. Everyone went off to the Beaches and we went to the hotel that I had booked because we got there earlier than originally planed and the Beaches was full. On the 3rd, we checked into the Beaches early and while we waited for our room to get ready, David and I joined the other wedding guests and went snorkeling while Dennis, Denise and Sadie had a moment together. When I got back from the snorkeling I went for my massage. I love those massages!!! Sadie was just a bit fussy because she hadn’t been feeling well but it was good to see all of them and they looked very happy. After my massage, I went to check in and the lovely gal at the desk told me we had a very special treat because we got a suite! Den and I had a room with a large king size bed connected to a living room and David had the room on the other side with 2 queen sized beds. It was very lucky we got this room as it was a great place for Denise and Chele to get ready for the wedding. The wedding was wonderful. Denise was beautiful! Sadie was precious and Bart was very handsome. We are very happy that he has joined our family.draftby LondonFlygirl

Comments

Anonymous said…
Psst, Ronnie . . . saying Pat is my "partner" sounds like I'm a lesbian! Not that there's anything wrong with that, but . . . uhmmmmmm :o)> Hope London is working out fabulous for you! D and I are ready to come tour it with you! Hugs and love, Chele
LondonFlygirl said…
Fixed it to Significant Other, wanted to say Better Half but wasn't sure.

Popular Posts