A New Home

Remember the dream of having my own place? Well, I am getting closer. I found a "crash pad" and for a small price I can have my own room. Now, it isn't ideal and it doesn't have country charm or even a small river flowing past but I do have my own room with a lock on the door and NO STAIRS TO CLIMB. It is pink and has a small bay window and its on the front of the house. I am no more than 45 minutes from the airport (2 buses) or (a bus and a tube). This is going to be a great start. Welcome to Bedfont. The cost to the airport is 2GBP. That is quite a savings from the $30 and 3 hours I was spending before.

My first day there was exploring the bus, the shops (grocery store), and train station. Not bad. It is all within walking distance and can be done on nice days in about 10 minutes. There is a nice little pub called Moon on the Square and the lunch was reasonable. Stopped at a few stores to buy food, some basket organizers for my room and a bottle of South African red wine to go with my pasta dinner that I was going to make. Oh dear, someone forgot to mention that you had better be careful how much you buy.... you have to carry it all home. I need another stroller!

Comments

Anonymous said…
I know!!! I went shopping when I visited you in London so many years ago. I didn't even bring a bag along to carry stuff in, so i walked all the way home with the groceries stacked in my arms and dropping the butter every few feet :(
Sue

Popular Posts