What's happening with the Airlines?!


Well, everyone has heard that Aloha went "belly up" leaving travelers in a dilemma. I say, "in this day and age, get TRAVELERS INSURANCE"!!!! Whenever I buy a real ticket I get insurance for the trip. Weigh the cost. Someone here in California spent an extra $7000 for a family of 5 to TRAVEL to Maui from Oakland because they didn't have insurance.

I feel very blessed. We had our family vacation in Hawaii and used Aloha Airlines for travel between the islands and our trip was not interrupted. I will miss Aloha as I have used them many times over the years. I liked the airline, their staff and I wish them all the best in these hard times. They have some very tough decisions ahead.

It seems that Northwest and Delta are back in negotiations for a merger and the analyst seem to agree. A Possible merger could happen in the next 6 months and then watch out. Glen Tilton with United is interested in merging as are others. They think it would be good for the airline industry overall. As we watch... we can see airlines downsizing, dropping flights, staffing with fewer flight attendants, crowded airports and high fuel. Maybe this would be a good thing for the public, and for management, but what about the staff???

Comments

Popular Posts