Proud Navy Parents










Words will never be able to describe the feelings that Den and I felt as we watched our son graduate from Navy Bootcamp. We were so proud of him and all that he has accomplished. He has become a "Navy Man". Dennis sent me this poem and it sums up the feelings I have for that day.

A Navy Mom’s Prayer
I kissed and I hugged him and watched him walk away
He graduated boot camp and was now on his way
He stood tall and so proud as he walked and he waved
I couldn’t be happier for the path he has paved
The weekend was short, how I wished for more days
Just in awe of his presence and new Navy ways
His focus and maturity came quick in 9 weeks
I know he will find whatever he seeks
I am back to waiting for calls and the mail
Never knowing when the time comes for him to set sail
I will continue to wait for that next hug and kiss
Not doing that daily is what I will miss
My son is a man now I need to let go
I don’t know if I can, I just love him so
I am proud of my son and his accomplishments to date
As hard as it is I will continue to wait
I will wait for the hugs and wait for the kiss
I will continue to pray and continue to miss
Please take care of him God on his journey so new
It makes it easier for me knowing he has You

Comments

Popular Posts